Tuesday 10 July 2012

Let's press a rekkud!!

I was given a mangle today. Been looking for one for a while now and then by chance I was given this. For want of being in the right place at the right time when the right folk turned up.


Great stuff eh?

So as you can see. I have been eager to have a go at some dry point and acetate or plate etching but when it turned up the only thing I had to hand, happened to be an iconic piece of history that is quickly becoming forgotten.
The humble...sorry the greatest invention ever! The vinyl album, shaped my life and opened my eyes as well as ears. Cds' are too small for that good old artwork that was there to be lost in whilst the music played. Infact now as I hold the album I see that the disc is actually an amazing plate of a great work of art.


Vera Lynne was performing well. I decided to do a few styles and named them as follows;


Recuerdo?


Recuerdo Disco?


Recuerdo Numero Uno?

I took the word 'recuerdo' as meaning remember referring to the days of vinyl records, when 'disco' was king and everyone wanted to be 'Numero Uno'.


If you look close enough you can see the rings, 'the groove' and almost hear Vera singing over the white Cliffes of Dover.




No comments:

Post a Comment